Adenomyosis Treatment in Pune
Adenomyosis is a condition that affects the uterus, where the tissue that usually lines the uterus grows into its walls. This can cause the uterus to become enlarged, heavy and painful during menstruation. The exact cause of Adenomyosis is not known, but it is believed to be linked to hormonal imbalances or previous uterine surgery.
According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), Adenomyosis affects 10-20% of women of reproductive age. This service page will provide a detailed overview of Adenomyosis, including its effects on fertility, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options.
Adenomyosis Effect on fertility
Adenomyosis can have a significant impact on fertility. Studies have suggested that Adenomyosis can increase women’s infertility risk.
This is because it can cause inflammation, scarring and changes to the endometrial lining, making it more difficult for an embryo to implant in the uterus or for pregnancy to progress.
Therefore, infertile couples or females must seek medical advice from an infertility specialist regarding Adenomyosis to ensure effective diagnosis and treatment.
IVF success rate with adenomyosis
Adenomyosis may affect IVF success in several ways, including:
- Implantation difficulties: Adenomyosis can cause changes in the uterine environment, making it less favourable for embryo implantation. The abnormal growth of endometrial tissue within the uterine wall can lead to inflammation and structural changes, potentially hindering the implantation of embryos during IVF.
- Increased miscarriage risk: Adenomyosis has been associated with an increased risk of miscarriage. The condition can affect the blood supply to the endometrium, compromising its ability to support a developing embryo, thereby increasing the chances of miscarriage.
- Decreased ovarian response: Some studies suggest that adenomyosis may be linked to a decreased ovarian response to fertility medications used in IVF. This reduced ovarian response can result in a lower number of eggs retrieved during the IVF cycle, potentially impacting the chances of successful fertilisation and embryo development.
It’s important to note that while adenomyosis can influence IVF success rates, it does not necessarily mean that pregnancy is unachievable. Many women with adenomyosis have successfully conceived through IVF.
However, the condition may require additional considerations and tailored treatment approaches to optimize the chances of success.
Signs and Symptoms of Adenomyosis
Adenomyosis can present a range of symptoms, including heavy and painful periods, prolonged bleeding, severe cramping, bloating, and pain during sex. The severity of symptoms can vary. Some women may experience mild discomfort during menstruation, while others may have severe symptoms that interfere with their everyday lives.
It is important to note that some women with Adenomyosis may not experience any symptoms. This is why early detection and diagnosis are crucial, especially for women dealing with infertility.
Diagnosis of Adenomyosis
Adenomyosis can be diagnosed through medical histories, physical examination, and imaging tests, such as transvaginal ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or hysteroscopy.
While imaging tests can help detect the presence of Adenomyosis, diagnosis is ultimately confirmed through a biopsy of uterine tissue.
Adenomyosis Treatment Options
Treatment for Adenomyosis depends on the patient’s age, the severity of symptoms, and the desire to conceive. Treatment for women with mild symptoms may involve non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to alleviate pain and heavy bleeding.
Hormonal treatments such as birth control pills, progestin injections, or GnRH agonists may also be prescribed to help reduce the size of the uterus, control bleeding and manage pain.
A minimally invasive surgical procedure such as endometrial ablation or a hysterectomy may be recommended for women with severe symptoms or those who no longer desire to conceive. Endometrial ablation involves the removal of the uterine lining, which can help alleviate symptoms such as heavy bleeding and cramping.
Meanwhile, a hysterectomy involves removing the uterus entirely, and it is often seen as a last resort for women with severe Adenomyosis symptoms.
Approach to Adenomyosis treatment
When treating Adenomyosis, there are a few different approaches that doctors and specialists may take. The chosen approach will differ for each patient and depend on factors such as the severity of a patient’s symptoms and fertility goals.
For women who still desire to conceive, doctors may take a conservative approach that involves medication to control symptoms and promote fertility. This may include oral contraceptives, progestin, or gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists. These medications can help control the growth of the endometrial tissue and alleviate symptoms.
For those who do not wish to conceive, endometrial ablation may be an effective option for reducing symptoms of Adenomyosis. Endometrial ablation involves the removal of the lining of the uterus, which can help to reduce heavy bleeding and other menstrual symptoms. It may also improve painful menstrual cramps.
A hysterectomy may be necessary in cases where the symptoms are severe, and other treatments have not effectively provided relief. A hysterectomy removes the uterus and is considered a permanent solution. However, it is important to note that a hysterectomy will result in the inability to conceive in the future.
After endometrial ablation, especially after a hysterectomy, it is crucial to follow the specialized post-operative care instructions the healthcare team provides. Patients may experience post-operative symptoms such as pain, fatigue, and some vaginal discharge. Follow-up appointments with the healthcare team should be attended, and patients should report any abnormal symptoms immediately to their doctor.
Why choose Dr. Supriya Puranik for Adenomyosis Treatment?
If you’re seeking the best adenomyosis treatment in Pune, Dr. Supriya Puranik is the top choice for several reasons:
- Specialization: Dr. Supriya Puranik is a renowned fertility specialist with a specific focus on infertility treatments like adenomyosis. Her expertise in this field ensures you receive the most effective and targeted treatment.
- Experience: With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Puranik brings a wealth of knowledge to her practice. Her extensive experience means you’re in capable hands for managing adenomyosis.
- Successful Track Record: Dr. Puranik has a proven track record of successful adenomyosis treatments. Her patients have experienced significant improvements in symptoms and quality of life.
- Patient-Centred Care: Dr. Puranik believes in a patient-centred approach. She takes the time to understand your concerns & tailor treatment plans to your unique needs.
- Advanced Techniques: Keeping up with the latest advancements, Dr. Puranik utilises cutting-edge techniques for the best adenomyosis treatment in Pune.
- Supportive Team: Alongside Dr. Puranik, her compassionate and supportive team ensures a comfortable and stress-free treatment journey.
Dr. Supriya Puranik’s specialization, extensive experience, successful outcomes, patient-centred care, & use of advanced techniques make her the best doctor for adenomyosis treatment in Pune. Rest assured, you’ll be in excellent hands throughout your treatment.
Get in Touch:
If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with Adenomyosis, we encourage you to seek medical attention from Dr. Supriya Puranik. She is one of the best doctors for adenomyosis in Pune who can evaluate your specific situation, provide personalized guidance, and discuss potential strategies to improve the chances of a successful IVF outcome.
Booking an appointment is simple, as you can use the contact details on the website to request an appointment online or call the office to speak with one of our friendly team members, who will be happy to assist you.
Remember, early diagnosis and intervention are crucial to improving outcomes with Adenomyosis. We look forward to providing you the expert and compassionate care you deserve.
Dr. Supriya Puranik
Gynaecologist & IVF Specialist
Often known as the last glimmer of hope for people who have lost all hope for conceiving a child, Dr. Supriya Puranik is a leading gynaecologist, high-risk obstetrician and Head of IVF & Gynaecology department at Ankura Hospital, Pune
Patient Reviews & Feedback
3563+ Happy Patients
- Om Kadel
She is excellent. And as a goddess for my family. After long time I m blessed with twins baby due to her efforts only. She used to boost me with lots of positive thoughts whenever I lost the hope. You are too supportive mam. Thanks a lot.
Even the hospital staff, Nurses, mousis,house keeping staffs are at your step when ever needed when I was admitted.
The food provided is well planned according to the diet of patients by mam. Thank you very much mam for this turn over in my life after 12 years of marriage.
- Ashwini Sonawane
Dr. Supriya Puranik’s mam is very sweet person I have ever met. She is very caring, her ever smiling face always gives you positive wives. Staff is also very helpful and care taking during delivery, the best hospitality service I would say…
Thank you so much Dr Puranik Mam and Team. keep up the good work
A detailed guide into the genetic intricacies of azoospermia, uncovering how genetic factors impact sperm production and fertility.
“Discover the various types of Azoospermia and their causes, shedding light on male infertility.